Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Clearwater, 70.3

Well, its wed before the race saturday. I leave in the morning after my 14 hr shift and call tonight.
I managed to get in a 50 min spin on the computrainer before work this morning. I am due to run 5 but I am uncertain when I will get the run in...still have to pack and pull the bike apart.

My Computrainer spins yeserday morning and this morning both went well though.
Yesterday, 23 miles and 3 X 5 min spinervals at 70 rpm. Power of 300, 315, 340 watts on these.
This morning, 3 X 2 min spinervals at progressive rpm of 75, 85, 95. Progressive watts of 320, 350, 390

So, I feel decent on the bike. Strong and injury free. Low back stable after a few pilates sessions and yoga the past week.

Uncertain of the run and swim. Swam 2000 continuous tuesday evening in 30 minutes (1000's in 15:15 and 14:45). Planned on 3200 but a class came into the pool. So, I got out and did my 5 miler on the treadmill. This felt good. 35 minutes for 5 with a base pace of 7:30/mile.
Incorporated 2 X 4 min intervals at 5:45 and 5:30 pace each, with a 2 min rest at 8 min pace between. The key factor for this run was this. My HR on the final 4 min at 5:30 pace only hit 150, and the other day, my 5 min intervals at 6 min pace were around 153. Pretty happy about this...means I should be recovered from the weekend.

So, yeah my swim has been a bit weak. I think it may be due to the 16k week followed by a near 11k week. I dont know if it will translate to a good swim saturday, but it should for Australia next month.

Overall, I do feel like I am in PR fitness for this tough. I will have to make up about 3 minutes on the swim though with a much faster bike split. The run...we'll see.

My goals? To push the bike as usual. This is a short race.
Swim: 29-31 min
Bike: 2:19
Run: 1:25-1:27
With about 5 minutes of transitions, this should put me in the position to break 4:20. We'll see.

Oh, my weight could be a factor. I am light but dont feel weak.
I raced usat nationals back in September at 167 on race day.
Today, I weigh in at 158.7
I suspect I will be around 161 on race day with some carb loading and rest. Maybe around 160. This will be about the lightest I've raced by 2-3 pounds, and 6-7 pounds lighter than nationals.