Thursday, December 06, 2007

My Race Results: Ironman Western Australia

I finally downloaded my splits on my watch. The race results on IMWA web site combined the transitions, T1 to the bike and T2 to the run. So my race breaks down like this:

Swim: 58:08 (pr)
T1: 2:36
Bike 4:50.56 (pr)
T2: 2:05
Run: 3:17.47

9:11.32

I Feel good about this but I do feel like I have a few more minutes in me on a fast course and a reasonable day. I am very happy with my bike split although feel I can shave a couple minutes off, dip into the 4:48 range. If I can maintain the swim, then it comes down to the marathon, at which I am not happy about. I need to get under 3:15 off the bike and I will be satisfied. I understand great days are few and far between so this may never happen. However, If I can muster up another great day I feel like 9:05-08 range is possible. Who knows...

As for post race week. Ann and I have taken monday through friday completely off. I've gained a few pounds. Plan on an easy bike saturday, about 15 miles or so, very relaxed and easy with stops along the way. Then sunday, easy 25 minute run about 5k.
Monday is a travel day back to the US. Tuesday early morning I fly to Ann Arbor, MI to see my parents for the holidays.
So, likely, tuesday evening in Michigan will be a short 30 minute run. Wed, Fri and Sat will be pool days. Wont have my bike so I'll bike a couple of times under an hour on the stationary bike at the gym. I will keep the runs short and few.