Thursday, June 26, 2008

Disc?

OK,
Talked to Steve Larsen today in Bend at the bike shop. Steve just took 5th overall at CDA with fastest bike split. Steve won IM Lk Placid. Steve has raced Pacific Crest HIM. All of these races he rode his 808's, not a disc. He advises Pac Crest on a pair of my zipp 808's due to the weight advantage, related to the climbing and particulary the 4-5 miles of climbing up the pass.

Steve is 45 min faster than me.

So, its 808's for me on race day, and I'll live with that.

By the way, Steve has 5 children, is a top pro IM triathlete. He manages to train and is one of the best in the sport. He's not at pac crest spectating because of his kids soccer game so yeah, I believe you can achieve your goals and have a family. It's whether you commit to putting in the work to achieve.