Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Some unexpected time off


Havent blogged for a while as I have been the usual busy with coaching, training and work.
Training well past week or so, as my recovery from AZ is over and the ramp up began about 2 weeks ago.

So, be very careful if practicing dismounting on the bike. At about 10 mph, my food slammed into the big ring, I think between the ring and derailer as my other foot was pedalling down so, hence, I believe it was caught between the chain and my big ring. Who knows...it all happened in 1 second. Preparing for some upcoming sprint and oly triathlons, so need to get my dismount as fast as possible. This is the risk you take.
I am trying to figure out how to get back on the bike and into my running shoes without 2 weeks off when stitches come out. I can get into the pool Monday if I can overlay some water proof second skin on the wound.